Junior Assistant Systems Accountant
We are looking for an Junior Assistant Systems Accountant to join our Federation central team finance department. The successful applicant will join a large and collaborative finance department offering a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from. The role will be based at our head office, five minutes' walk from East Croydon Station, with some travel to academy locations in and around London to deliver training and system support. As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in our central team or in one of our 47 academies.
Your role will be to support the Systems Accountant with the implementation and aftercare service of our Concur and Orovia software in order to satisfy business requirements. As part of a team, you will be responsible for managing the Supplier Management process within the finance department on accounting software PS Financials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide cover for support of accounting software PS Financials and provide technical assistance for preparation of monthly accounts and budgeting processes.
- As part of implementation responsibilities, become familiar with technical scope and requirements of the products in order to effectively contribute to and challenge the content and design steps.
- Contribute to the testing programme content; build and maintain training material; and identify challenges to the deployment process in order to effectively support the rollout programmes.
The successful applicant will be fully supported and trained by the Systems Accountant so that you can carry out duties autonomously.
What we are looking for
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large and established finance department with one of the countries leading Multi Academy Trusts. The ideal applicant will have worked in an Education environment and understand the issues associated with Multi Academy Trusts processing and reporting requirements.
We are looking for:
- Good IT skills and enquiring mind.
- Good understanding of financial processes and control objectives.
- Experience in working within a Finance Department.
- Support system users across multiple sites, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Experience of documenting process and creating training material.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About the Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Applications will be reviewed as and when received and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.