Our client requires a hardworking, well performing Credit Controller to join their team based in Birmingham city centre.
The role will involve managing your own portfolio of Invoice Finance business clients with responsibility for the day to day credit control relating to the portfolio, chasing debts whilst managing ledgers and reconciliations.
- Manage a portfolio of full–service clients with factoring facilities.
- Chase outstanding debts by telephone, email and letter in line with the client credit control schedule.
- Performing 2 full chases for each client each month.
- Using call back sheets to ensure all calls are captured.
- Verifying debts on the system when chasing.
- Agreeing repayment plans where appropriate.
- Identifying accounts for legal action where appropriate.
- Dealing with customer queries – disapproving invoices if required.
- Tracing customer collections within the system.
- Setting up and maintaining client files for credit control purposes.
- Communicate regularly with clients and provide written updates bi–weekly.
- Communicate with the client manager and client executive and provide regular updates if issues arise.
- 2 years' experience of working within a credit control role, ideally for a factoring/invoice finance lender.
- Basic understanding of word/excel.
- Basic understanding of bespoke C3 system.
- Good communication skills – confidence to ask questions.
- Ability to adapt to varying workloads.
- Good time management skills.
This role is the first step into a business that offers fast career progression into Client Support, Account Management, Audit, Team Leading and more. Opportunities for promotion are widespread due to the continued growth and success of the business.
Starting salary to GBP22,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits.