Finance Manager - Arts
Arts SU deliver charitable services and support for students at the London School of Economics/University of the Arts London. We employ around 35 permanent staff, many hundreds of student staff and volunteers across our business. The Union has two main sources of income – an annual grant from the University and income generated through trading services such as bars & coffees shops. Turnover is GBP2m.
About the job
We are looking for a dynamic Finance Manager who will lead the operational finance function and also structure, create and maintain financial processes throughout the organisation. Managing a small team, we desire someone who has previous hands–on experience in a small/medium sized company or charity.
Being a people–focused organisation, we require someone who can complement managing a finance department, with coaching and developing non–finance staff to understand the importance and benefits of these processes, and how to use financial information to better manage their departments. This is an important part of the role.
The new Finance Manager who will join the senior leadership team will provide financial expertise to create a fit for purpose finance department and robust financial stewardship. Through your skills and abilities, we will be in possession of financial information and insight that can drive future developments and build on our achievements to date.
Who we are looking for?
- Possess a professional financial qualification and/or be qualified by experience
- Have significant hands–on experience running a finance department in a small/medium–sized organisation
- Have experience in a commercial or other organisation beyond a Students' Union environment.
- Be proactive in their approach and an advocate for sharing finance knowledge
- Be team orientated in approach and an ability to work with a diverse group of people including commercial staff, suppliers, and university finance teams
- Have a coaching/mentoring approach and the ability to provide support to both our student leaders and staff
- Have a proven track record in providing meaningful interpretation and analysis of financial information to inform business and performance decisions
To continue to diversify and include all groups in our organisation, we are keen to encourage :
- applications from black and minority ethnic applicants,
- applicants with private sector and/or commercial experience and
- applicants returning from a career break
We would consider supporting professional qualifications and part–time/flexible work for the right candidate.
For further information, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification
Because you're excited by the challenge! The exact opposite of corporate, we're progressive, daring and creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces.
Benefits and Perks
In return for your passion and experience we offer: days holidays per year
- Additional closure periods at Christmas and Easter
- Cycle to Work scheme enabling significant savings on bicycle purchase
- Access to staff training courses
- Ability to purchase TOTUM (NUS) card giving wide range of discounts
- Flexibility for work–life balance
- Interest free Travel loan
Want to apply?
To apply please complete our online application form