Accounting and Finance Manager
Responsible for directing an organization's accounting and finance functions. These functions include establishing, controlling and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares monthly financial reports. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and chart of accounts.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day to day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and cost accounting.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries including foreign exchange.
- Proficiency to calculate and track commissions in accordance with the various sales plans.
- Ensure that accounts payables are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected promptly.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external Planisware CPA's and auditors.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Own the development of consolidated forecasting and quarterly budget, translating P&L forecasts into balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Execute and deliver all period–end financial statements and reports, provide controls to ensure proper handling and accounting for all expenses, create and monitor annual budgets
- Maintain and analyze recurring SaaS sales metrics based on contract bookings and revenue accrual.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the company and department's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision–making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Experience in B2B SaaS company (preferred)
- Experience with managing processes, Financial Software (QuickBooks required), Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, and Performance Management.
- CPA (preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Must have the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively and manage multiple priorities in an intense deadline driven environment.
- Ability to multitask in a fast–paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills required.
- 3 weeks paid vacation leave
- 2 weeks paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Up to 4 months maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Life and short/long term disability insurance
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- FSA plan, including employer contribution
- 401(k) plan with company variable contribution
- Company annual kick–off trip
- Quarterly events/Monthly happy hour
- Cell phone and internet allowances
- Tuition assistance program
- Graduate program
- Company charitable donation match
- Community outreach
SAN FRANCISCO: This position is based out of our San Francisco headquarters. The office is located in downtown San Francisco and is easily accessible to public transportation.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor H1–B visas at this time.