This Legal Cashier position, based in central London, is for a candidate who is immediately available and is happy to do a 12 month fixed term contract.
Previous accountancy experience is essential.
This Legal Cashier vacancy, based in central London is for a law firm. They are looking for someone to start with them as soon as possible on a 12 month fixed term contract.
There will be a 1 month handover, where you will learn about the role.
The key responsibilities for this Legal Cashier are as follows:
- Overseeing the day to day processes and bank reconciliations for all firm bank accounts, with main responsibility for those held offshore, designated deposit accounts and those held in foreign currency
- Assisting the Junior Legal Cashier with the running of the main, busy, client account. Providing guidance in relation to SRA client money rules and ensuring that internal and external deadlines are met
- Producing month end bank reconciliation for all bank accounts for presentation to Head of Finance Operations
- Assisting with the annual SRA client money audit and general SRA compliance and awareness within the team and wider firm
- Maintenance of the COFAs Register of Breaches throughout the year
- Overseeing the AP Assistant with the smooth running of all AP processes.
- Managing the office bank account balance and transferring between linked deposit account as required
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the firm's expenses policy, budget codes and approvers and the Chrome River system
- Assisting with the reconciliation of our travel provider invoices and company credit card ledgers
- Making scheduled payments of supplier invoices, counsel fee notes and staff expenses, as well as ad-hoc payments as required
- Reconciling the float of cash held in the team.
A successful candidate for this accountancy role will have:
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience of practical application of, SRA Accounts Rules in a law firm
- Confidence in handling internal and external communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience of a PMS essential, Aderant and Chrome River desirable, MS Office and online banking tools
This accountancy vacancy, based in central London will offer the candidate the opportunity to progress in their career, with a well established company.