Part-time Head of Finance and Operations (Vauxhall)
We are looking for a Part Time Head of Finance and Operations to take the lead for the financial performance management of a small charity, managing the function operationally and strategically to maximise use of the organisation's financial resources to achieve strategic goals.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading annual budget setting and production of financial reporting, management accounts, statutory accounts, audit reports, financial analysis and fundraising plan;
- Developing financial strategies; contributing to SMT and Trustee meetings; acting as Secretary to the Trustee Finance and Operations Committee;
- Communicating complex financial information and influencing and building rapport with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading the formulation and implementation of IT and data strategy and supporting the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop colleagues.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience of the UK charity or not for profit sector, advanced knowledge of SORP and charity VAT. You will have experience of managing end of year accounts, liaising with external auditors and effective budget/financial management.You will have demonstrable commercial acumen, a strong understanding of business and strategic issues, and the ability to appropriately challenge and advise budget holders. You will have excellent leadership and communication skills. Experience of managing support services (HR/IT) would be beneficial but not essential.