Technical Co-ordinator, Investor AML
TECHNICAL CO-ORDINATOR, INVESTOR AML
At Technical Coordinator level, the role requires the completion of workload, with guidance from colleagues and line management, to support AML compliance services aligned to:
- AML Legislation/Regulation & Guidance/Best Practice.
- The Ireland Investor AML Department’s processes and procedures.
There is a requirement to hold, build and maintain a strong relationship with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency and Client Services Departments to deliver a robust AML Compliance service to Northern Trust’s client and investor base.
- Takes responsibility for timely and accurate completion by Investor AML of workload allocated including tasks processed through Northern Trust’s workflow process.
- Actively participates in Investor AML’s’ review of investor documentation in adherence with Northern Trust’s AML policy and procedures.
- Takes ownership of the timely completion of various aspects of Investor Ongoing Monitoring, including Transaction Monitoring in particular.
- Works with colleagues and line management in reviewing such investor documentation and efficiently sourcing outstanding investor due diligence documentation (if any) with professionalism of approach and timely escalation of material issues arising.
- Escalates, and assists with resolution of, more complex problems and critical issues as referred to the Investor AML team, as well as those received from other internal and/or related external parties.
- Ensures that all queries from internal and external parties are dealt with efficiently and professionally, with support from line management where required.
- Takes ownership for completion of AML compliance support for clients in conjunction with Northern Trust colleagues and provides regular and meaningful periodic updates to line management and colleagues.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Works with line management to ensure that the Investor AML team meets the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined, from time to time, in accordance with changes in legislation and guidance.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust’s AML processes and procedures.
- Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Previous Financial Services experience desirable.
- Previous experience in an AML, Compliance or Transfer Agency role is an advantage
- Knowledge of the AML regulatory environment in Ireland.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to research, understand and deliver solutions to issues
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
ABOUT NORTHERN TRUST
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.