Opportunity for a Finance Analyst to deliver financial analysis and control to their business area, including being responsible for the internal and external reporting and supporting the delivery of annual planning, forecasting and analysis. The Finance Analyst is ambitious and eager to enhance their accounting and analytical skills with and looking to develop their commercial acumen within and FMCG environment.
Our client is a well-known and excellent British FMCG brand based in the Taunton area.
The Finance Analyst will:
- Provide accurate reporting of the business area's financial performance on a weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual basis
- Prepare detailed annual budgets and forecasts for the business area
- Deliver value added analysis, insight and business performance improvement to support in driving the group's profitability under the supervision of team management
- Start to develop relationships with management team stakeholders, supporting team management to provide day to day support to the business
- Uphold a continuous improvement mindset and seeking opportunities to drive positive change in finance and/or business processes to improve efficiency, maximise value for money and improve stakeholder experience
- Working collaboratively with business area and other cross-functional teams
- Owner the periodic review of the business balance sheet and presentation to Head/Director of finance
- Owner the periodic review of the key balance sheet accounts and presentation to Head/Director of finance.
- Assist and cover for the periodic preparation of the Group consolidation and associated management information.
- Assist in periodic preparation of balance sheet review pack for CFO.
- Explain cost variances actual to forecast performance.
- Be responsible for collation and review of central head office costs packs and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Be responsible for a number of cost centres, carrying out month end journals, reconciliations and quarterly forecasts.
- Be responsible for ensuring compliance with IFRS 9.
The Finance Analyst will be:
- Finance Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) - newly qualified
- Numerate and analytical
And will have:
- Financial modelling, planning and forecasting techniques and management accounts experience (desirable)
- Ability to apply accounting principles to all aspects of financial accounting
- Ability to execute process change and transformation initiatives
Basic salary + package