EMRS Business Analyst (Electricity)
Title: EMRS Business Analyst (Electricity)
Salary: GBP38K – GBP43K + excellent benefits package
Location: Central London
Are you an experienced Business Analyst who is used to working in a regulatory or contractual change environment? As an EMRS Business Analyst you will work closely with the Design team (experts in the business/system architecture) and Operational teams (experts in operational processes to administer Capacity Market (CM) and Contracts For Difference (CFD) Settlement, to ensure that regularity and operational changes are scoped and delivered within appropriate timeframes. EMRS BAs facilitate requirements workshops and develop the Business Cases, Business Requirements, Business Process Models and operational User Interface wire frame models where appropriate. You will also be required to provide second line support for the EMR operations team. If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Clarify the business impact of a proposed change, and contribute to the cost/benefit analysis and business case;
- Liaise with team members and other key stakeholders to sufficiently capture detailed requirements, which facilitate system and business process design, testing, and deployment.
- Lead on and take ownership of major software application deployments, and smaller deployment of small–scale Change Requests for IT/IS system and business process improvements.
- Document detailed and high–level impact assessments, and the resultant system and process requirements as requested to ensure the overall solution meets the customers' needs within regulatory and operational deadlines. You will be expected to resolve issues to ensure that accurate documentation and processes are maintained and testable.
- Communicate via the most appropriate techniques (e.g. presentations, workshops, group and 121 training) the business impact of the proposal or change, and ensure that everyone involved in the change proposal or project understands the requirements and how the solution addresses them so that they are able to fully implement the required changes in an informed and timely fashion.
- Provide excellent customer service; as a Business Analyst for EMRS, you will be required to resolve service desk queries for Electricity Suppliers, Generators and Capacity Providers as well as providing support to ESC and LCCC
- Business Analysis skills
- Proficiency in questioning techniques and rational analysis;
- Ability to translate complex regulations and governance requirements into the systems and processes that deliver a service requirement to a customer;
- Ability to positively build and maintain professional relationships with customers, stakeholders and colleagues;
- Ability to comprehend complex information and process it into understandable written and illustrative forms, which included but are not limited to; reports, presentations and training interventions;
- Ability to comprehend proposed changes, understand their impact on the EMR business and, ensure that the fundamentals of EMR delivery is enhanced by the change and not compromised; and
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the CFD and CM rules and regulations as they apply to (EMRS) as the Settlement Services Provider.