This Financial Controller will be responsible for the efforts and results of the finance department. Reporting to the Finance Director on all financial and accounting activities and overseeing finance department staff in day-to-day operations are the key aspects of this new role.
This client is the UK leader in the media industry and has grown rapidly in terms of their turnover to the £25 mil revenue business they are now. The finance director is looking for a Part Qualified financial controller who can take overall responsibility of not only the monthly management accounts but also supervising the finance team and the transactional side of the department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all company accounts
- Monthly and annual reports to identify trends and forecasts
- Budgeting and forecasting process, cash flow management and forecasts
- Supervising and managing the finance staff
- Bring new ideas for automation and improvement of processes
- Reviewing financial plans to look for cost reducing opportunities
- Monitoring actual sales to forecast on a daily basis
- Review bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- File quarterly VAT returns
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Run monthly intrastat reports
The successful candidate will have at least two years of experience in an accountant/controller position and have experience with general ledger functions as well as the month/year-end process. They will have intermediate IT skills and have worked with an ERP system similar to SAP.
The offer for the financial controller would be an ideal opportuntity to grow and progress in a creative industry, alongside a competitive salary up to £45,000 and full study support if needed alongside other benefits. The company in Wood Green would be looking to get this interview process underway and get someone in the role before the end of June ideally.