Reporting and Statutory Lead
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
An opening for a Statutory Lead based in Malaysia. This position will work along with a group of professional in supporting various financial functions within Enterprise Financial organization.
- Deals with external auditors under general/minimal supervision.
- Mainly involved in managing the external audit for countries spread within the APAC, Middle East & Africa region.
- Key point of contact for communication/resolution of audit issues.
- Review of statutory financial statements and coordination of audit requests by working closely with Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) functional teams, Country Accounting Centre (CAC) Leads, tax, legal, company secretary, operations and other BHI internal teams wherever relevant.
- Active liaison with RAC and CAC statutory team to ensure completion of all statutory filings within the region in a timely manner and within the stipulated statutory deadlines.
- Prepares the audit pack and draft the statutory financial statements that are in compliance to the local statutory requirements.
- Analytical support, to analyse and prepare Audit Packs and Variance Analysis
- To continually review processes and seek to communicate and implement changes to improve efficiency, particularly by leveraging on audit issues and findings encountered during the financial year.
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/ etc).
- Minimum 3 years working experience in external audit and in planning/ analysis filed
- Experience working in Big 4/medium size professional accounting firm will be added advantage
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Possesses good analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Able to multitask, independent, proactive and willingness to learn.
- Experience in Analysis, variance commentary and reporting
- Experience in auditing oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical company would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in SAP and HFM will be added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application particularly Excel and Word.
Location: Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.