The Finance Manager role is broadly responsible for providing financial modeling, reporting and performance analysis for the Business Banking line of business segment. Scope includes responsibility for completing the month–end close process, financial forecasting, reporting of monthly financial results, and compiling key performance metrics. The position is also responsible for the proactive identification of financial issues, risks and opportunities that exist in the business, communicating them to senior finance and line of business management and synchronizing the financial impacts in budgets and forecasts.
Primary responsibilites include:
- Completing the monthly financial close process by reviewing financial results and determining necessary accruals or adjustments in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards
- Preparing monthly financial reporting which compares results to forecast, budget and prior periods. A key deliverable is insightful variance commentary that highlights differences at a detailed driver level.
- Develop monthly forecast for Net Interest Income (loan & deposit portfolios) and Fee Income based on anticipated new business opportunities and projected run–off from the back–book as well as all Direct Expenses.
- Financial support of new business opportunities by creating proforma financial models to determine impact on Pre–tax Income and key financial performance measure such as return on capital and Net Interest Margin.
- Revenue modeling under several macroeconomic scenarios for annual stress testing (CCAR) submission
- Participation in the annual financial budget process including the creation of financial reporting packages and documentation of key assumptions which reflect the input of line of business management
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Financial or Business Analyst
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis and forecasting process; knowledge of regulatory reporting is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word).
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects and teams
- Self–thinker and self–motivated able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor/MBA in Finance or Accounting
Hour and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
#LI–KH1Why Work for UsAt Citizens, you'll find a customer–centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment OpportunityIt is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.