Role: Credit Controller
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: GBP18,000 – GBP24,000 pro–rata
Duration: 3–month FTC
The Optionis Group is one of the UK's most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for an immediately available individual who is interested in increasing their knowledge and experience of credit control over a 3–month contract
Through our brands, we specialise in managing tax, employment, accountancy and legislative compliance for the UK's small businesses and contingent workforce – our solutions are market leading, and we're always looking out for the best possible employees.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting and supporting the existing Credit Control team within our Brian Alfred & First Freelance subsidiaries to ensure we reduce the overall aged debt during a busy period of the year.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Supporting other Credit Controllers within the team to ensure there is a continued focus on the reduction of the aged debt across the group.
- Assist with ad–hoc billing and billing admin across First Freelance.
- Assist with tax rebate payment postings, allocating receipts and monitoring unallocated payments.
- Chasing of HMRC repayments.
- Taking card payments to reduce aged debt.
- Assist in other ad–hoc tasks as requested by the CFO, FD and Credit Control Manager those driven from sales ledger information.
- Cover other members of staff as and when required.
- An understanding of credit control, billing or commercial finance
- Office–based administrative experience
- Produce accurate, robust and reliable information
- Take a duty of care over the information provided
- Information provided is high quality and right first time
- Trust and confidentiality with access to information
- Strong mathematical, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to meet targets in a high pressurised environment
- Capability to manage difficult situations
- Genuine desire to improve the finance function