Location: Preston Park, Brighton
As our Credit Controller you will provide an excellent credit control function for E–Crunch Ltd and associated companies, ensuring that client account payments are kept up to date and reconciled, and debt recovery is managed accurately and promptly.
- Ensure that Sales ledgers are kept up to date, coded correctly and all FinancialForce transactions are entered promptly, matched and reconciled.
- Contact clients by telephone and email and interact with them professionally and efficiently.
- Liaise with colleagues across all departments, in particular the Sales, Client Services and Accountancy teams.
- Work to resolve issues with outstanding fees and disputes, maintaining positive relationships with all parties.
- Ensure that the Salesforce and FinancialForce systems reflects all income transactions accurately.
- Ensure all other income is correctly coded, invoices raised and outstanding debt collected.
- On a monthly basis, review Aged Debtors and recommend necessary action to collect all outstanding debt, working to agreed individual and team collection targets.
- Ensure that all client subscriptions are accurate and assist with analysis of the client database (including departmental and company reporting requirements).
- Work to agreed targets for subscription management including collection of monthly and annual subscription payments, contacting clients proactively to make payments
- Update the Company Accountant and Head of Finance and Facilities on debt cases where legal action may be considered.
- Support with reconciliation activities of all company bank accounts.
- Lead and monitor all sales invoices, sales receipts and cash matching activities and take corrective action where necessary.
- Manage the direct debit process, ensuring all direct debit notifications for client payments are dealt with promptly and proactively flag any system issues.
- Seek authorisation for client refunds in accordance with company procedures and authority levels and process these within agreed timescales.
- Assist with budget preparation and cash flow forecasting in respect of income and debtors.
- Support with preparation for the annual audit conducted by independent external auditors.
- Provide suggestions and input for improving credit control routines and procedures.
- Support the Finance and Facilities team with other team duties as required.
Role Specific Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in a credit controller role, working as part of a team and dealing with volume client accounts
- Minimum AAT Level 3 qualified and/or Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) part or fully qualified.
- Client/customer service experience and accustomed to building rapport and dealing with potentially sensitive situations.
- Advanced IT skills using Microsoft and Google applications and proficiency using market leading accounting software (such as FinancialForce) and CRM software (such as SalesForce).
- Experience of cloud based accounting systems such as FinancialForce.
- Awareness of the features of a 'FinTech' business and topical issues within the wider business landscape.
We are a FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, named as Innovative Firm of the Year in 2017. We develop cutting–edge, cloud–based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses. Our software is developed in– house and is supported by a team of in–house accountants and client managers.
Crunch is at the forefront of the changes in the financial industry as it experiences some of the biggest changes in the past 100 years. Recent initiatives include working directly with HMRC and high street banks to put previously inaccessible financial information and analytics in front of our users in real time.
We can offer you an opportunity to work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together. Not forgetting we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including, free breakfasts, half day off on your birthday, discounts at local food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.