Deputy Finance Business Partner
- To support the Finance Business Partner and wider finance team with all aspects of financial reporting, financial control, planning and analysis.
- To line manager a Finance Apprentice or Support Accountant and supervise the work of other members of the department as required.
- This role will be subject to a 18-24 month rotation within the finance team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To prepare monthly management accounts, supported by high quality working papers, for review by the Finance Business Partner. These management accounts include capital expenditure and balance sheet items as well as revenue budgets.
- To prepare analysis of monthly management accounts, including budget variance analysis, using the Finance department’s standard approach and format in accordance with the monthly timetable.
- Ensure on a monthly basis that the Trusts activity related income position is accurately reported to Finance & Performance Managers and senior managers of the Trust.
- Ensure that the Trust is billing all the moneys which it is due and fully understands the sources of its income both by customer and income stream. Assist in comprehensive reconciliations of amounts due and received.
- Ensure the agreed commissioning plans with CCG’s are reflecting the general ledger, and that performance against these plans is accurately reported to both commissioners and senior managers of the Trust.
- To prepare costings for contract variations, new business, or service delivery changes using standard costing methodology under the supervision of the Finance Business Partner or Senior Finance Team.
- To support financial planning activity through the development and maintenance of budgets and forecasts for the assigned business unit(s)
- To contribute to the production of annual statutory accounts in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the Senior Finance Team.
- To support the Finance Business Partner in the pro-active management of working capital, including debt recovery and payment of suppliers.
- To provide advice and analysis to support budget managers and wider Trust staff to discharge their financial management and stewardship duties effectively and in line with Trust policy, including conducting meetings as determined by the Finance Business Partner.
- To prepare returns to external bodies as required for review by the Finance Business Partner.
- To maintain ongoing analysis of service level profitability through the Trust’s Service Line Reporting system.
- To prepare analysis for national costing returns, e.g. Reference Cost submissions.
- To proactively propose changes to working practices across the finance department
- Take line management responsibility for a Finance Apprentice or Support Accountant supporting the Business Units, including identifying training and development requirements and ensuring that Personal Development Plans (including mandatory training) are in place and completed according to agreed timescales.
- To undertake any ad hoc duties that may be required within the Finance Team.
- To be responsible for maintaining own personal development.
Part-qualified CCAB Accountant (i.e. post-graduate diploma level) or qualified by experience to this level
Apply now to join an organisation that has been awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the highest possible rating and the first stand-alone NHS community trust in the country to be awarded the title.