This role will be based with either Financial Management or Financial Controls team and is subject to a 18-24 month rotation within the finance team as required.
- To assist in the management accounting and financial reporting of assigned Business Units.
- To assist in producing budgets, forecasts and regular performance reports in line with the department’s reporting framework and timetable.
- To assistant in the administration of financial controls and systems updates, including all financial administration of the Trust’s lease car arrangements and overpayments.
- To undertake the additional duties and procedures required to complete the annual accounts
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To raise any invoices attributable to the assigned Business Unit(s).
- To assist the Business Unit(s) in achieving its Better Payment Policy (BPP) targets, by reviewing reports and liaising with authorisers/suppliers to resolve any issues on a weekly basis.
- To calculate and enter transactions in the general ledger as required.
- To undertake complex analysis of and provide commentary on the Business Unit(s) assigned to him/her in accordance with the monthly timetable.
- To assist in ensuring the Business Unit(s) meets its budget review compliance target by liaising with budget managers on a monthly basis.
- To prepare internal recharges for the usage of temporary staff and other costs to be shared across Business Units.
- To assist in preparation of returns to external bodies as required for review by the Finance Business Partner/Deputy Business Partner.
- To assist in the production of accurate financial reports under the guidance of the Finance Business Partner/Deputy Business Partner for the Business Unit(s) assigned to him/her in accordance with the monthly timetable.
- To assist in preparation of the annual budget and forecasts for the assigned Business Unit(s) in accordance with the departmental framework and timetable.
- To assist staff within the Business Unit(s) when required to ensure that the Business Unit’s financial affairs are conducted in accordance with the Trust’s prevailing financial procedures and controls which are in operation.
- To maintain financial controls including the Authorised Signatory Database and accounting hierarchy.
- To issue budget statements to Budget Managers across the organisation in accordance with the monthly timetable.
- To reconcile and clear suspense accounts in liaison with management accounting in line with monthly reporting timetables.
- To liaise with payroll in order to identify salary overpayments and take appropriate action to ensure that monies are recovered in line with the Trust policy.
- To deal with overpayments queries (which may be complex), investigating and providing advice to staff in order to facilitate payment.
- To administer the financial arrangements of the Trust’s car leasing, including preparation of P3’s and coding of lease invoices.
- To reconcile the Trust’s balance sheet accounts for salary deductions, including lease cars.
- To calculate and enter transactions for the Trust and charitable funds in the general ledger as required.
- Under the guidance of the Finance Business Partner/Financial Controls Manager undertake additional duties and procedures required to complete the annual accounts in accordance with the Department of Health Manual for Accounts and to national timetables and to provide additional information and explanations required by external auditors for the annual accounts.
- To comply with the audit requirements and ensure that procedure notes are kept up to date. This includes completing detailed year-end audit files as appropriate.
- To proactively propose changes to department working practices.
- To undertake any ad-hoc or other duties that may be reasonably required for the Trust.
- To be responsible for maintaining own personal development.
Apply now to join an organisation that has been awarded an ‘Outstanding’ rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the highest possible rating and the first stand-alone NHS community trust in the country to be awarded the title.