Tax Assistant / Tax Semi- Senior
The main duties for this position will involve managing a portfolio of clients, dealing with the preparation of personal tax returns and tax accounting for our tax compliance service, corresponding with clients and HM Revenue & Customs.
This medium sized firm aims to offer accountancy and tax solutions and advice in the most no nonsense, practical, transparent way possible. Their clients range from all fields of business, industry, the professions, arts and the entertainment world. They pride themselves on the development of their employees and constantly offer training and support for you to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Preparing personal tax and capital gains tax returns, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Effectively manage own portfolio of 150 to 200 clients, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget and raising own bills when required
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as tax webinars/ seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Tax Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
- Strong previous experience in personal tax or qualified to ATT standard
- Good understanding of tax legislation and the ability to apply that technical knowledge to client circumstances
- Good working knowledge of most Personal Tax and Capital Gains Tax matters, including experience of working for self-employed individuals and company directors
- Excellent communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment both with one's colleagues and with and for the firm's Managers and Partners
- Good IT skills, including experience of tax software programs, Word, Excel and other Windows based systems
- Opportunity to progress career in a supportive work environment
- Chance to work on a range of exciting projects
- Competitive Salary
- Great benefits package
If you want to hear more, please contact Bethan Dennis on 020-72692236 for a confidential discussion.