Salary: (Depending on skills and qualifications) Personal Contract
Location: Walton Park
What does a Business Analystdo?
The Business Analyst is responsible for shaping, planning and gaining budgetary approval for strategic and tactical change in line with SGN's strategic and business objectives. You will be required to manage relationships with the business (and conversely back into IT) to ensure requirements and benefits are delivered in line with the SGN procedures, Enterprise Architecture expectations and industry best practice.
- Conduct Business Analysis activity pre and post investment as required
- Support the Business Architects in documenting and defining change at SGN
- Act as an ambassador for the SGN IT department
- Actively develop themselves and others within their line of business and job role
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Degree in business, information systems or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- BA Diploma
- Prince2 an advantage
- ITIL an advantage
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Over 5 years proven experience working either within IT or in a business system related role
- A sound understanding of BA methods, procedures, standards and tools
- A basic understanding of key roles within an IT organisation and how they interact with the BA role
- Detailed knowledge of the software development and project lifecycle
- Experience of managing Senior Stakeholders within a project environment
Full UK Driving License is essential and willing to spend time away from your primary location.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive starting salary and other benefits, including company pension scheme.
- Plenty of potential for further development and progression within the Company.
- Employment with a highly regarded, award winning company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
- A designated mentoring and training programme will form part of this appointment
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It's your gas, in our network.