Senior Analyst, IRB Model Development
Description of business unit
Decision Science is the analytical centre of excellence within Group Risk. Our responsibilities include:
- developing all of the Group's credit risk models, both for use in operational decision-making and for IRB regulatory capital calculation and IFRS9 impairment calculation
- increasing the use of credit risk models to automate decision-making and move away from manual processes
- maintaining and monitoring these models, and generating appropriate insight
- maintaining credit risk data and producing regular and ad hoc credit risk reporting and insight
- implementing and maintaining all of the Group's credit risk models in appropriate technical infrastructures
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic individuals to join our Retail and Wholesale IRB development teams to support the delivery of key strategic initiatives including the implementation of IRB model developments in line with emerging regulatory requirements.
- Production of accurate, timely and relevant statistical analysis to support IRB model development.
- Ensure that all relevant policies, procedures and standards are adhered to throughout model development, including compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare high quality modelling presentations and documentation to meet internal and external requirements.
- Implement version control of model development code.
- Implement effective data management and analysis practices.
- Engage with key stakeholders throughout the model development process.
Third Level Qualification in a quantitative discipline
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years' experience working within a Credit Risk modelling environment.
- Good knowledge of credit risk model development techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a structured approach to work and attention to detail in carrying out tasks.
- Experience in data analysis techniques and software (in particular SAS).
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of European regulatory guidelines and standards in the context of IRB modelling
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: May 25, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.