Program Finance Analyst
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Employer, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Employer will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world–class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world–class employer. When you join Employer, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Employer...We strive to make the complex clear
Employer Civil Group is seeking an experienced Program Finance Analyst (PFA) to provide program support in Reston, VA. The PFA will be responsible for planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. Individuals in this role have significant interface with Project Managers, Contracts, Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
- Implementation of financial policies and procedures in support of projects
- Establishment and maintenance of cost/schedule baselines, development of WBS and budgets based on program requirements
- Managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs; ensuring all financial deliverables are submitted
- Communicating with the customer to ensure financial requirements are met
- Preparation of written and verbal reports to management regarding financial metrics including cost and schedule variances
- Program life cycle activities such as project setup/maintenance; internal financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections and variance analysis
- Development and maintenance of Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Participation in proposals through BOE support, cost modelling and providing input into cost volumes
- Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge or experience in business related subject areas such as financial administration, financial analysis, cost accounting, and/or general accounting.
- Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of the program.
- Ability to commit to customer service, plan and prioritize assignments, successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously and is well organized.
- Ability to propose and implement project/program improvements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills in order to successfully perform in our fast–moving environment that require quick and accurate responses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Program Finance field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
- Basic knowledge of multiple contract types: FFP, T&M, CPFF and CPAF.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills, and the ability to operate independently.
- Strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with high emphasis on MS Excel.
- Experience working on both federal and commercial projects.