IT Audit Engagement Lead
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
The IT Audit Engagement Lead plays a significant role in assisting Senior Executives with risk management, achievement of strategic objectives and fulfilling the Companys promise to its policyholders. As a trusted advisor, the IT Audit Engagement Lead builds and cultivates effective business relationships while providing independent value–added audit and advisory services.
The Engagement Lead leads project teams that conduct independent assessments of Liberty Mutual's on premises and cloud based information systems, IT infrastructure, and IT internal control environment through the execution of risk analysis, control evaluation, and innovative audit testing procedures and techniques. Individuals in the IT Audit Engagement Lead role demonstrate the ability to independently plan and lead the most complex technical audits and independently apply the departments audit methodology. They lead teams through all phases of assigned audits from planning to reporting; including understanding the technologies under review, how IT enables business operations, scoping the audit, identifying risks and controls, design and execution of testing procedures and writing audit reports.
- On a project basis, plans projects and leads assigned audit staff through risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Independently concludes on the effectiveness of controls through the review of work completed by others. Has a thorough understanding of project management skills ensuring assigned audits meet department expectations.
- Maintains a proficient technical knowledge of highly complex IT systems and processes. Interprets the associated risks, develops testing approach, and proposes solutions. Independently plans future audit assignments, including communicating effectively with Liberty Management.
- Manages staff through risk analysis, control identification, and audit program development. Leads scrutiny of areas under review and identifies/proposes audit scope adjustments as needed.
- Maintains technical expertise and demonstrates a strong understanding of the departments audit methodology, insurance industry concepts, Cyber Security, IT General Controls and Software Development Practices.
- Provides ongoing training, development and motivation. Reviews the teams completed work and conducts project performance reviews. Participates in the hiring and staff assessment processes.
- Leads continuous improvement (CI) efforts. Leads complex root cause problem solving efforts and participates on department–wide CI efforts.
- Effectively communicates audit issues and related recommendations in both technical and non–technical terms to Operational and IT management. Makes sound recommendations for audit finding rankings and effectively supports conclusions during discussions with audit clients.
- Keeps abreast of changes in IT audit practices, regulatory requirements, and IT Risk frameworks to understand their impact to Auditing and Liberty. (e.g. NIST Cyber, CSC, COBIT, ISO2700x) Proposes audit approach updates based on these changes.
- Takes a leading role in facilitating the training and development of less experienced team members. May design and teach formal trainings on audit methodology, SBU products and systems.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a comparative field
7 or more years of IT Audit or related work experience in information technology with a focus on security, risk management, or controls.
CISA Certification is preferred. CISSP or other technical / IT security certifications are a plus.
Supervisory experience a plus.
Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
In depth IT auditing skills or hands on administrative experience in most of the following areas: system development & testing; UNIX; AS/400; Windows; Oracle, DB2, SQL; Cyber Security including Network/Web Application Firewall, and other network devices.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well–being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.