Apple is a place where extraordinary people capture to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. We have been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers with critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Every single day you will connect with and be supported by your colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. You will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including sales fulfilment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions function.
This role works for the Operations Finance team specializing in key support activities early in Apple’s supply chain. This team of 12 supports the global procurement of components and assets used in the manufacture of Apple’s finished goods. The role reports into the Tooling Finance Manager.
This position interfaces with key global stakeholders (Global Procurement Org, Group Operations Finance, China Operations Finance, Tax, Legal), in addition to local operations teams and local functions (RTR, P2P, internal audit and technical accounting). There is significant exposure to senior EMEIA Operations Finance management.
This is a fast moving team working in a dynamic environment with significant scope for career development and additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with people
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - a naturally enquiring approach
- Possess strong technical skills with an ability to deal with large volumes of data & summarise key aspects (SAP and Excel experience desirable).
- Should be able to deliver in a dynamic work environment & to strive for excellence
- Positive energy & attitude with a desire to drive constant improvement & change
- Ability to cut through ambiguity, to listen, challenge & innovate
- Possess candour and resilience that allows them succeed in a challenging environment
- Ambition to succeed at a senior level within a large multi-national organisation
- Review high value Purchase Orders for compliance with Apple policy. Work with the business and senior finance management to identify and realise cost saving opportunities.
- Maintain and improve key internal controls.
- Advise and mentor the Procurement Admin team in their review of Purchase Requisitions and Goods Receipts.
- Train business partners to ensure that problem areas are addressed and risks alleviated.
- Work with internal audit in assessing any control issues identified, following though with root cause analysis and actions.
- Lead the Quarterly Close process – preparation of accrual journals and analysis of closing positions. Lead Quarter Close automation project.
- Compliance tasks including balance sheet reviews and SOX walkthroughs.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare detailed analysis and presentations to Business Leadership, to aid effective decision-making.
- Issue regular metric reports highlighting key insights to business partners.
- Additionally, the role will support other areas of the Apple Operations business as required.
Education & Experience
- Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.