Performance Analyst supports the Performance Manager with Planning, Performance insight and reporting and support management with the optimization of business performance.
The focus of the role is to monitor and analyse performance to provide a consolidated view and independent Financial insight to support the business besides present core performance data which includes the timely and accurate reporting of MI reports. The role assists (1) to develop Plan, RF and integrate LBM to ensure robust submission requirement being met and aligned to overall strategy; (2) link operational performance to financial and perform analysis of actual performance to previous forecasts and the plan to provide insight on past performance and future refinements required to be incorporated into the plan and/or RF (3) handle ongoing internal reporting processes and in-depth analysis combined with business understanding to articulate the bridge between actual performance and prior forecasts or plans.
- Co-ordinate the RF and Plan exercises for Autolubes / Marine and provide supports for businesses in their own plan numbers.
- Provide some planning/analysis tools for businesses to manage their own budgets and keep track their own activities
- Work with Sales/Demand review and Trade Support to plan and forecast toplines, identify opportunities/mitigations and propose interventions to business to drive for topline targets. Arrange conversations with business to review and challenge assumptions of plan, forecast and deviations of actual vs plan/forecast.
- Assist Performance Manager in maintainence insightful sets of performance trends and KPIs to facilitate business discussions and business decisions making.
- Provide businesses the up-to-date financial outlook with integrated LBM processes & RF reviews with quality commentary. Support the translation strategic targets into business plans / LBM data. Deliver monthly actual performance reporting and keep tracking of deviations from Plan/RF to avoid supprises to managements. Also provide quality business analysis for local CLT as well as RTL.
- Assist to deliver key sets of reporting in the year i.e. a pack for yearly Board of Management meeting, rolling forecast and plan packs with insightful analysis and commentaries
- Contribute effectively in cross-function meetings like local Demand Review meeting, consensus meeting, LBM meeting by highlight issues of YTD performance and risks for YTG.
- Contribute to the development of business strategy by participating in Business Strategy review exercise, providing financial modelling and consolidating Strategy Management Information MI. Provide quality business analysis to explain deviations of Actual/Plan/RF from strategy.
- Assist to company’s strategic developments through handling Financials Memorandums for Lubes capex investments, Authorities Too Negotiate for sales biddings and financial and sensitivity modelling for Lubricants business.
- Assist Performance Manager to implement and execute customer investment policies to drive strategic business objectives of the company.
- Be proficient in the use of performance reporting systems of local and SPU i.e. BIGS, SAPBPC, SPU Balance scorecards and other reporting tools.
- Provide supports to add-hoc performance tasks i.e. prices tracker, acceleration, hyper-care and others as advised by Performance Manager.
A universitiy degree in Accounting and or professional accounting qualification. e.g. CPA, ACCA.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- At least 5-year working with a multi-national company with at least 3-year working experience in performance management
- Strong Computer skills – Excel, Powerpoint
- A good knowledge of global and local financial accounting (VAS, IFRS) is a must.
- Good engagement and interpersonal, communication skills in both English and Vietnamese
- Able to form relationships with people at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds and cultures is essential for this role, since this incumbent will need to establish effective relationships across the Finance team and Business to help deliver on the objectives.
- Good understanding on how BP's Financial Control & Accounting processes and systems operate (JDE, ECCS, SAP) , including the key interfaces with other Corporate & Functions and with third party providers