Senior Management Accountant
Institution in the Public sector.
- The successful candidate will provide day to day financial support to the organisation . Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Management Accountant is expected to provide accurate monthly accounts, operational KPIs, commentary, budget and forecast for a number of business units. The successful candidate is also expected to provide financial and strategic support to the business in accordance with Group requirements.
- You will be responsible for providing the monthly financial results to the General Manager with comments on key variances to budget or forecast if applicable and related action plans. The Senior Management Accountant will take an active and evolving role in producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts for multiple schools and residential homes across the group.
- The Senior Management Accountant is also expected to model and track key initiatives, such as development of new sites or changes in the operating model (for instance impact of rotas and working hours).
- I am looking for a CPA/CA qualified accountant with relevant experience in a commercial environment. Coming from a transactional finance background is preferable but not essential. The Senior Management Accountant will have a proven ability to influence financial outcomes and work closely with operational managers. You'll be in your comfort zone building relationships and communicating with people at all levels.
- The successful candidate will have advanced Excel skills and will be confident with data manipulation, analytical and presentation skills. Experience of Access Dimensions would be advantageous, though not essential
- The organisation welcomes candidates who feel they could grow into the role with little support, and looking to take the next step in their career