Head of Finance - Heritage & Cultural Not for Profit
The organisation is a genuinely iconic British cultural institution, with notable historical interest. They are looking for an experienced Head of Finance with significant charity sector experience to manage a team of around 6 finance staff. The organisation has a charitable arm, plus a trading subsidiary. It also has 2 smaller sites separate from the main office in North–west London. The successful applicant will bring a genuine business partnering approach to the organisation in addition to proven leadership skills and a passion for the heritage / culture sector.
The role sits on the Senior Management Team, and will combine a mixture of 'hands–on' operational finance skills, with leadership duties and strategic input with the Finance Director, both for the main charity and trading subsidiary. You and your team will be responsible for the preparation of management accounts, year–end accounts, KPI dashboards, financial data analysis, business partnering to multiple budget holders, annual budgeting, maintaining chart of accounts, managing the audit, review of financial controls, tax & VAT, treasury management and procurement.
• Educated to first degree or alternative relevant experience.
• Accounting qualification – ACCA, ACA, CIMA. A minimum of five years post–qualification experience, ideally in a similarly complex charitable organisation with multiple entities and sites.
• Strong IT literacy.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience of line management.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting legislation including charity SORP and Managing Public Money
• Strong working knowledge of taxation issues (particularly VAT and Gift Aid)
Please send your CV for consideration