Internal Audit Senior - Technology & Telecoms Company
Working for a fast paced, growing, tech and telecoms business as a lead auditor, leading on audits and ad-hoc global projects.
Our client is a high bandwidth network and voice services for enterprises and wholesale customers in Europe, Asia and North America's largest business hubs.
Their activity is based on 4 key pillars: Colleagues; Customers, Community and Charity. Their shared values are the promise they make and they care passionately about living them.
Their customers want people who see things through their eyes and to do this they need to keep things simple.
They are recognised for how they take ownership, for the way they step up to the challenge and stay focused on the outcome.
They demonstrate leadership in everything they do, they are honest even when things are tough, and balance this with a strong focus on helping their people be amazing.
The Lead Auditor is primarily responsible for leading and/or participating in financial and operational audit assignments, evaluating the adequacy of the overall control environment in both design and application; highlighting inefficiencies in processes and supporting the business in building a sustainable control environment.
Engage stakeholders to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business under review and the implications for audit.
Build trust and credibility with stakeholders throughout the audit process.
Fully understand and communicate the impact of audit findings (including root causes and risks) to relevant key stakeholders.
Make recommendations to the business to improve controls and procedures through providing practical risk management, internal controls and process improvement solutions.
Contribute to the delivery of value adding audit reports.
Providing coaching to junior staff members (e.g. graduates/apprentices) on audit methodology and practices
- Ideally a qualified/newly qualified auditor (ACA /ACCA/CIMA/IIA or equivalent),
- 3+ year's working in an audit related role either as an internal or external auditor.
- Ability to demonstrate good experience of controls (e.g. SOX) or risk and assurance assignments.
- Strong knowledge of audit techniques for financial, business and operational control and risk management.
- Ability to operate in a flat organisational structure with direct exposure to senior management and Executives.
- The proficiency to work and communicate at an operational level, with an awareness, instinct and ability to press for detail, understand issues at an appropriate level of depth, and identify root causes.
- Strong communication skills and competence to influence outcomes.
- The ability to analyse data and identify trends, think critically and solve problems using a high degree of intellectual curiosity and good judgement.
- The ability and willingness to develop skills and provide support to the audit team.
- Work effectively with the team members and the business to build partnerships Ability to work self sufficiently
- Educated to degree level or above in Accounting, Finance or a business related field.
- Relevant qualification in accounting (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook