Code of Conduct Investigations Lead
Description of business unit
Working within the 2nd Line of Defence, Group Conduct Risk ensures that the consumer and integrity of the market remains at the heart of Bank of Ireland Group's business models and strategies
Conduct Risk Team key goals include:
- Delivery of strategic change to promote good conduct across Bank of Ireland Group
- Establishing clear ownership, responsibilities and accountability for Conduct Risk across the Group
- Establishing oversight around the design and innovation of products , propositions and services
- Developing clear, unambiguous and transparent dealings with customers, the market and competition
- Establishing Conduct Risk as a "Strategic Differentiator" for Bank of Ireland Group
- Oversight of the implementation of the Groups Strategic Culture Transformation Programme
The Conduct Risk Team is responsible for proactive oversight of the Group Conduct and Culture Framework, providing pragmatic advice and guidance to the business units within the 1st Line of defence and business change programmes. Advice and guidance is provided in line with the Group's Risk Framework and in accordance with Group's internal and regulatory requirements
Purpose of the Role
Management and investigation of Speak Up and Code of Conduct related issuesas they are raised across the Group. Development and maintenance of the Code of Conduct and Speak Up Framework. Awareness building in relation to the Speak Up and Code of Conduct across the Group.
- Establish, monitor and challenge relevant metrics, for example KRIs and MI to provide Group assurance and support issue escalation
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to the Code of Conduct and Speak Up processes.
- Lead and develop the Code of Conduct Investigations Unit.
- Develop the Code of Conduct and Speak Up Frameworks in line with overall Group Conduct plans and targets
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to divisions Code of Conduct and Speak Up investigations
- Engage with the Strategic Culture Transformation Programme ensuring all initiatives are understood and clearly called out as part of programme plans
- Manage deadlines to ensure efficient and effective delivery of initiatives
What is the opportunity
This is a really exciting role within the second line working with senior management across the Group on a very exciting culture programme
- Post-graduate qualifications and business experience, with credibility among stakeholders as a trusted expert and advisor
- Relevant work experience (10yrs) plus in financial services
Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant academic qualifications and business experience, with credibility among stakeholders as a trusted expert and advisor
- Ability to provide intellectual rigour to understanding and interpretation of regulatory compliance requirements
- Technical knowledge-up to date knowledge of regulatory and industry guidelines for risk management and mitigation within financial services
- Proven strong interpersonal skills, including leadership, people management, negotiating and influencing
- An ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Proven leadership in engaging and influencing stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of planned activities. Confident, articulate and independent minded approach. Ability to deal with both the 'big picture' and the finest detail
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in supporting or interacting with Senior Management within a large and complex organisation
- Experience in financial services
- Competency 1: Customer Focused - 3. Leader
- Competency 2: One Group, one team - 3. Leader
- Competency 3: Amplify Capability - 3. Leader
- Competency 4: Manage Risk - 3. Leader
- Competency 5: Accountable - 2. People Manager
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: May 23, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.