Senior Administrator – Private Equity
Senior Administrator - Private Equity
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior Administrator in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop both knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
Fund Administration and Accounting
- Liaison with the client and lawyers to work on acquisitions, disposal and restructuring of investments.
- Drafting of relevant documents for inclusion in the board pack.
- Liaison with third parties and internally for company set up, liquidation, company secretarial and compliance issues.
- Coaching of junior team members
- Capital call/distribution process, including review of payments, notices and sign-off of completed files.
- To ensure investor queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- To ensure all investor static data is accurate.
- To ensure appropriate AML is in place for each investor.
- Cash management and processing of payments.
- Assisting with bookkeeping of cash transactions on the relevant accounting systems.
- Assisting the accountants where required with the NAV preparation within defined timeframes.
- Liaison with tax advisors.
- Liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, BCL and CSSF reports.
Requirements (Qualifications and Knowledge/Skills/Competencies)
- Knowledge and proven experience in Private Equity Fund Administration.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days etc.
Personal and professional growth – a world of opportunity
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. In 2014, these groups were responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness day, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few.
Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment; all are integral to Northern Trust’s culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of March 31,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.