Technical Co-ordinator, Transfer Agency (Dealing)
About The Department:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements. The team provides technical support to the operational areas, independent handling of complaints, undertake process reviews, co-ordinate audit visits, providing management information and analysis.
About The Role:
The Technical Coordinator supports the Team Leader in ensuring operational efficiency with respect to workflow distribution and ensuring the effective the use of staff resources; Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact; Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees; May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Process and quality check a wide range of dealing transactions through internal systems, to regulatory and client standards
- Provide input to process changes which would result in greater operational efficiency
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to more junior team members, support the Team Leader with respect to workflow distribution and ensuring the effective the use of staff resources
- Identify, document and disseminate new procedures and controls
- Carry out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role)
- Technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Transfer Agency/Financial Services experience is desirable.
- Previous client facing experience is favourable.
- A flexible approach to work and being capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to review and resolve complex queries.
- Knowledge of Fund Administration and the regulatory environment is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of effective risk management
About Northern Trust:
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31st ,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.