Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Reconciliations)
About The Role:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
Working as part of a dedicated Reconciliations Team, the individual will be responsible for the execution and oversight of reconciliations on a daily basis. The individual will ensure that all client service standards and regulatory requirements are met together with working with partners in different jurisdictions.
- Responsible for reconciling all assigned accounts accurately and efficiently within relevant deadlines.
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness of offshore teams, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
- Liaise with the other Transfer Agency partners to monitor and report on the Aged Reconciliation items
- Liaise with clients and investors to resolve and report unreconciled items
- Working with other team members to ensure Reconciliations Team Mailbox is kept up to date at all times and that e-mails are actioned/filed promptly and within the standard SLD.
- Attendance at internal/client meetings as required
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Transfer Agency areas, such as Dealing, Registration, and other internal areas such as the Client Services
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- Achievement of monthly KPIs
- Attend all mandatory training within the required deadlines
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Skills / Experience Required:
- Previous Financial services experience desirable.
- Transfer Agency Finance experience is an advantage.
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
- Experience in working with Multiple Currencies
- Knowledge of regulatory environment is highly desirable
- Customer Service experience would be preferred
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential)
About Northern Trust:
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31st ,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.