Actuarial Associate Director (Life)
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Director for the Grant Thornton Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial and Data Analytics team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on actuarial and data analytics. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will lead a team of actuaries and data scientists in projects related to reserving, Solvency II, risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling for Grant Thornton’s advisory and audit clients. The role will sometimes require working in other financial services areas such as banking and aviation finance.
The role is to lead the delivery of a variety of engagements, ensure project team success on assignments, including dealing with client issues, and provide internal updates. The successful candidate will have exposure to a variety of jobs and will be required to take ownership of specific projects. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career.
- Lead actuarial assignments and engagements. This will include the provision of specialist life insurance expertise to ensure a best in class offering to the market.
- Provide expertise and specialist knowledge to the team that contributes to developing a solid understanding of products and markets and ensure on-going professional development by being fully aware of market and environmental changes.
- Contribute to the development of approaches to ensure the Firm can secure and deliver on engagements and assignments. Contribute to create excellent proposals that show understanding of the market, client needs and the Firm’s offering. Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and developed by focusing on relationship development.
- Take responsibility to ensure appropriate outcome of work is communicated clearly and effectively.
- Provide on-going training and support to the team and on-boarding of new hires, particularly from a technical perspective. This will include planning, managing and allocating work to junior members of the team.
- Aid the management of the team and client accounts, including all administration and records management. Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards, including risk management, at all times and escalate key risk issues appropriately.
Required skills and attributes:
- 7-9 years of experience in an actuarial capacity in life insurance. Relevant experience includes financial reporting, pricing, capital modelling, risk management, etc.
- Extensive understanding of the life insurance sector, the practical operation of companies within that industry and regulatory requirements.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Strong decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Team management experience.
- Awareness of current topics in insurance.
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
- Knowledge of actuarial software relevant to experience: Prophet, etc.
- Interest in developing data analytics skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent MS PowerPoint Skills.
- Experience in machine learning/ data analytics.
- Experience with R, Python or similar languages.
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Experience using version control software.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.