Technical Assistant Manager - Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards
Technical Assistant Manager - Risk, Compliance & Professional Standards
Due to continued growth we are now recruiting for a Technical Assistant Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting and financial reporting knowledge in a supporting role that facilitates your development, both personally and professionally. Working in the Technical Team within the Risk, Compliance & Professional Standards Department, you will be responsible for providing support to the Technical Director on a variety of topics. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge, increase your experience of the wider role of financial reporting and to work in a highly visible internal role in the firm as it progresses and grows.
Duties and responsibilities:
- assisting the technical director with the provision of technical support to staff in areas of UK/IRISH GAAP (FRS 101,102, 105), IFRS, Companies Acts and Auditing Standards, where queries arise;
- preparing technical factsheets for internal and external distribution on technical issues and changes in policies, standards or legislation, highlighting the impact on the firm’s processes and compliance requirements;
- assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of technical training;
- completion of detailed hot reviews on IFRS financial statements for technical accuracy and compliance;
- completion of detailed reviews of financial statements in line with Companies’ Acts and financial reporting standards to continue to improve the quality of financial statements produced; maintaining the firm’s templates and other standard documentation;
- assistance with coordination of internal quality reviews providing support to the audit department on a number of new initiatives, including Project LEAP;
- providing ad-hoc technical support to other departments and clients where required;
- providing assistance to risk and compliance functions as and when required to include preparation for regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns;
- working on one-off and recurring projects as and when required; and
- ad hoc support on technical client work where required.
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- strong technical accounting skills and an interest in Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS;
- must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills including ability to communicate effectively with senior management; and
- excellent team player with an ability to work with cross functional teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.