Assistant Manager Regulatory Advisory Services
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Manger for the Grant Thornton Regulatory Advisory Services team, within the advisory practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services and with a focus on the banking sector. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be a key member of the regulatory advisory services team which conducts work in areas such as quantitative risk advisory, regulatory risk and strategy, and regulatory support services.
The role is to help the delivery of a variety of engagements, contribute to project team success on assignments, including helping to identify and resolve client issues, and providing updates to the Director or Partner. The successful candidate will be exposed to a variety of jobs, and will be required to take ownership of specific elements of projects. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career.
- Provide expertise and specialist knowledge input and develop a solid understanding of business strategy, products and markets and ensure on-going professional development in contributing to ensuring a best in class offering to Clients.
- Contribute to the development of best-in-class approaches to ensure the Firm can secure and deliver on engagements and assignments. Create excellent proposals that show understanding of the market, Client needs and the Firm’s offering. Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and developed by focusing on relationship development.
- Take responsibility to ensure appropriate outcome of work is communicated clearly and effectively within reporting lines.
- Aid the management of the team and Client accounts, including all administration and records management. Ensure adherence to Firm policies and standards, including risk management, at all times and escalate key risk issues appropriately.
- The successful candidates will work alongside other subject matter experts in the quantitative analytics and banking teams and will contribute directly to the continued growth of the business.
Skills and attributes:
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), PRMIA) in the area of business, accounting, finance, economics, maths, risk or any related professional discipline.
- 4-5 years relevant experience in relevant financial services.
- Relevant experience includes inter alia: working in credit/ equity analyst role, financial supervision, working in the banking or financial services sector, or financial/ economic modelling.
- Extensive understanding/ experience of the banking sector, the practical operation of companies within that industry and quantitative risk management techniques and approaches.
- The role holder should have knowledge of the changing approaches, requirements and techniques used in quantitative risk management by banks, peer organisations and international standard setters.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, planning and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to critically assess complex/ once off issues and problems with the ability to distil significant volumes of information, identifying solutions for root causes of issues.
- Strong knowledge of the banking regulatory and legal framework and a deep understanding of the following: retail or wholesale business models, key risk drivers and supervisory approaches.
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) is required in the following areas: Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational, Other Pillar 2 Risks, the SREP/ ICAAP process, Quantitative Risk Management and Capital Requirements.
- Deep SME is required in one of the following areas: Credit Risk/ Internal Ratings Based Models (an ability to develop, review and validate complex models), Quantitative Risk Modelling or Stress Testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management, staff and Clients.
- Excellent capability in managing and delivering under tight timeframes.
- Coaching and management skills.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, with an understanding of statistical/ coding packages (e.g. SAS, R, VBA) desirable.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.