Senior Finance Analyst
Our client, based in Gloucestershire, are looking to recruit a Senior Finance Analyst for their group finance team. The role will support the Commercial Finance Manager in Group financial planning and work closely with business unit managers to support the Group in strategic planning.
Our client is an ethical energy business based in Gloucestershire and have experienced some periods of rapid growth. Finance is a key part of running the business and they are keen to bring a Senior Finance Analyst into the Group Finance Team to strengthen the commercial focus.
Senior Finance Analyst core Responsibilities:
- Monthly financial and operational reporting for P&L, BS & Headcount;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the direct and indirect costs associated with running the energy business;
- Complex variance and trend analysis, explaining key drivers to stakeholders across all levels of the business;
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes;
- Design and report on key performance indicators both financial and operational;
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Provide external reporting to industry regulators;
- Contribute to the on-going review, improvement and documentation of processes;
- Provision of adhoc information and analysis as required.
Essential Skills & Expertise
- Fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA etc);
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office suite, in particular Excel modelling tools;
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to challenge;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Initiative to identify opportunities to drive process improvement.
Desirable (but not essential) Skills & Expertise
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- A confident and personable communicator;
- Excellent influencing skills with the ability to influence senior management;
- Ability to communicate with non-financial staff;
- Ability to cope with rapid changes in work schedules and manage workload.