This position provides direct support to business stake holders through the analysis of sales data, budgeting and forecasting support, and monitoring of business trends and performance. The analyst plays an important role monitoring real–time business issues, interpreting data and helping to identify and develop action plans to address key issues and/or take advantage of incremental opportunities. Organization and attention to detail are important along with relationship building and good oral and written communication skills. All activities must be compliant with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Act as liaison between finance and business departments
- Coach, lead and develop a team three analysts
- Analyze and interpret sales, purchasing, inventory, accounting and other business data to provide trends, opportunities, and practical insights. Make recommendations based on your findings.
- Development of financial models and preparation of timely analytics
- Analyze and assist in the review of the monthly financial results and product profitability
- Assist in developing the annual plan and functional budgets
- Collaborate with management with budget responsibility to ensure the understanding of financial and business processes and related implications
- Develop scenarios and models for pricing and product profitability analysis
- Identify cost saving opportunities and challenge management team members to do the same
- Constantly monitor performance to forecast and inform appropriate parties of significant variance
- Generate recurring and ad hoc reports using repeatable database methodologies
- Support the business with special projects, ad hoc reporting and process improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Extensive experience using Power BI and Power Pivot for Excel against relational and dimensional data and/or intermediate to advanced skills in the SSRS reporting platform, including experience developing complex queries and/or ongoing tables and tools
- Significant experience working with large volumes of financial and business information
- Analytical problem solving experience. Ability to dig below the surface for underlying issues to see patterns and make connections
- Action–oriented. Demonstrated history of getting things done quickly and efficiently in complex situations and with developing infrastructure
- Ability to see and clearly and concisely articulate sound conclusions and recommendations
- Strong organizational, communication and accuracy skills are essential
- Highly collaborative with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Strong integrity, business ethics, relationship management skills
- 6–8 years of progressive experience in business planning and financial analysis
- Experience working with luxury goods, consumer brands and/or retail company
Working Environment/Physical Demands
- Works generally at a desk in a well–lit, air–conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels
- Ability to sit for hours at a time, viewing computer monitor and using telephone on a constant basis; Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel
- Long–distance or air travel less than 10% annually
- Periods of stress may occur
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move items weighing 10 – 15 pounds
- Occasional exposure to work near moving mechanical parts and areas where equipment/product reaches high temperatures is possible.
- Occasional exposure to dusty and fragrant conditions, varying temperature levels, and high noise environments is possible.