Temporary Purchase Ledger Administrator
Exciting Sandy based Temporary Purchase Ledger Administrator role with a leading client who are in need for someone to ensure that supplier queries/issues, in particular invoices and credit notes are dealt with promptly and accurately within a commercial focused finance function with a good management team in place who are supportive and lead the way for finance in this Property and Housing company
This Property and Housing company are based out of Sandy and have a great international reputation as a stable company whose management team always focus on the well being of staff and this Temporary Purchase Ledger Administrator role is no different.
Temporary Purchase Ledger Administrator Key Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and update supplier accounts via masterdata maintenance
Deal with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Own the management of supplier queries between supplier, SSC and business units, and Procurement
- Manage and resolve internal invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensure all supplier statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Pro-actively manage blockages in respect to invoice approval and GRN-ing - engage with approvers and receipts to ensure they action approval / receipting promptly
- Monitor and clear invoice register
- When corresponding, encourage suppliers to use the supplier self-service portal
- Work with Procurement to manage price variances
- Work with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Support continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
- Any other reasonable duties
Temporary Purchase Ledger Administrator Key Skills and Qualifications;
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Have used ERP systems before (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Committed team player
- Trustworthy, diligent and self-motivated
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- High level of inputting accuracy.
- Able to organise own workload and to re prioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
The potential to progress into a longer term interim position or permanent role in line with companies stability and growth.