Award winning FMCG business in Milton Keynes are on the lookout for an accounts assistant to join their team.
This award-winning company is a household name is a market leader for innovation and excellence and is globally renowned. If you are looking for a company to be supported in growing and developing both personally and professionally then look no further! With over 25,000 employees across the UK this Accounts Assistant role is a fantastic opportunity to add to your portfolio working in a fast paced, vibrant and friendly organisation with huge scope for progression.
Accounts Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Opening of ledger accounts according to established procedures
- Reconcile supplier statements and pay suppliers according to established group procedures
- Accurately enter/scan purchase invoices onto invoice register and pass authorised invoices on a daily basis
- Ensure paperwork is accurately filed in a tidy and organised manner
- Accurately allocate payments and receipts to ledgers on a daily basis
- Ensure correct procedures have been followed and the correct authorisations have been obtained before raising sundry cheques
- Action payment requests from suppliers within the agreed credit terms
- Ensure nominal accounts are accurately reconciled on a daily or monthly basis as required
- Ensure bankings are prepared daily in time for collection
Accounts Assistant requirements:
- Previous experience working in a finance function as an accounts assistant or similar, ideally you would be studying or have completed your AAT qualification
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Being comfortable in a fast paced office environment, and having the ability to prioritise tasks
- Being confident in handling large amounts of data to a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to to work within a team alongside working independently
- PC Literacy including Excel and Word
Great benefits for the role!
- Competitive salary
- Friendly work environment
- Access to on-site parking
- Excellent holiday package