Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency (Settlements)
About The Role:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
Working as part of a dedicated Settlements Team, individual will be responsible for the execution and QA of payments & Accounting Movements adhering to strict deadlines, ensuring that all client service standards and regulatory requirements are met together with working with partners in different jurisdictions.
- Responsible for making Settlement Payments
- Day to day processing work, quality checks and assurance
- Day to day oversight of processing quality and timeliness in Bangalore, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
- Responsible for the Banking and paying out of all cheques
- Responsible for controlling the cheque books
- Work queue management
- Achievement of monthly KPIs in order to keep ASLs to a minimum
- Monitor and assist on the queries and liaise with other departments where necessary
- Assist in the continued process of TQM (total quality management)
- To work with the team, internal departments, Manager and Group projects area on any allocated Client projects.
- Maintain relations with third parties - to include Client, internal relations with other departments and Auditors.
- Maintains a close working relationship with other areas, such as Dealing, Registration, and other internal areas such as the Client Service Managers.
- Fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas the incumbent is responsible for are organised and controlled.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Previous Financial Services experience.
- Transfer Agency/ Finance experience advantageous.
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Customer Service experience desirable
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Experience in working with Multiple Currencies
- Knowledge and understanding of working within a regulatory Environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
About Northern Trust:
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31st ,2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $122 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.