The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Group Performance Reporting function is responsible for the production, insight & analysis of the Group's regulatory, statutory, management and operational reporting. The Development and Support team are responsible for the support and maintenance of existing reporting processes as well as driving operational efficiency, improved quality and insights through rationalization, standardization and automation of the reporting stock.
Purpose of the Role
The Business Partner is responsible for identifying value opportunities, driving data value realisation, and demand management. This new position will report to the Head of Development GPR, feeding agile development teams with tangible opportunities and driving value to meet our annual targets. They will also work closely with the advanced analytics team to develop positive relationships with internal customers and deliver solutions to meet the business needs.
- Work with the key business stakeholders to identify and standardize business reporting requirements.
- Maximize the business value from the Enterprise Data Warehouse data sets, identifying tangible value opportunities, in support of the Data Value Realisation (DVR) strategy
- Work with a team of business SME's to deliver value to the group, building and leveraging the strategic EDW asset
- Work closely with Business Units, Group Finance and 'Fit for Future' representatives to identify opportunities for reporting efficiencies and innovation.
- Work with business stakeholders across the Group to drive adoption of new reporting suites in the business and avoid shadow development activities
- Stakeholder Management and Influencing at all levels of the organisation
- Raise awareness of GPR capabilities with business stakeholders
- Defining reporting Solutions to meet prioritised business needs
- Supporting the business with de-commissioning to drive business value
- Business requirements gathering and shaping
- Coach / mentor colleagues
- Collaborate with Data experts and MI teams across the bank
- Drive data value realisation to support the data infrastructure roadmap.
What is the opportunity
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Manager with leadership and technical skills to combine that unique skillset and play a critical role driving Group Performance through development of insightful, timely and consistent operational, risk and financial reporting.
- 3rd level Business degree or related equivalent
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of ability to influence, passion for data discovery and creating information assets
- Previous experience working in an agile environment, value prioritisation and design thinking
- Be able to demonstrate a 'Change' mind-set.
- Recognised internally as an expert in various forms of analysis
- Understanding of data management principles
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
A background in a large corporate or financial services industry
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Champion Transformation - Leader
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: May 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.