This is an excellent opportunity for a CCAB qualified Accountant to join a large Public Sector organisation as the Financial Accountant.
Based in Newport, my client is a well known, national Public Sector organisation.
They offer excellent benefits and flexible working
The role of the Financial Accountant is key witthin this large complex Public Sector client.
Based in Newport and reporting to the Financial Controller the Financial Accountant is predominantly one of stewardship over the assets of the organisation which includes controlling and accounting for approximately £282m expenditure per annum; managing an annual cash allocation by HM-Treasury of £284m and take charge of the valuation, depreciation and management of a fixed asset base of £65m.
* Maintain control over financial accounting system data, resource and balance sheet expense code hierarchy, and accounting procedures to ensure monthly and annual accounts meet audit scrutiny
* Produce monthly and annual accounts on a timely basis which meet audit scrutiny
* Maintain knowledge of VAT legislation, maximising the recovery of VAT.
* Ensure the production of Whole of Government Accounts
* Construct FSG and Discoverer Reports
* Provide professional advice and assistance
* Manage and develop staff
* Ad hoc exercises to support line manager
* Maintain Continual Professional Development
The Financial Accountant will support the Financial Controller to maintain business continuity with the Accounts Payable team and support the delivery of the Annual Report and Accounts.
CCAB qualified Accountant holding ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA with significant experience in financial accounting, including resource and capital in Government Accounting, and Government VAT rules.
* Proven ability of producing annual accounts meeting audit scrutiny
* Proven record of applying modified historic cost accounting meeting audit scrutiny
* Strong communication skills drafting and verbal; in particular an ability to describe technical issues to a non-technical audience.
* Significant experience of managing people and driving teams to deliver successful outcomes in a fast-paced environment, building a team and promoting continuous improvement.
* Able to set priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well reasoned justifiable decisions.
* Able to Communicate with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm, at senior level establishing a strong direction and a persuasive future vision.
* Experience in maintaining positive professional relations ships with a wide range of parties.
* Experience building capability within your team, focusing on continuous development for oneself, others and the organisation.
Starting salary of £48241. This may be able to be increased for the right candidate with relevant skills.
civil service pension
a raft of other benefits including flexible working and free parking.
Sift date: Week commencing the 13th May
Interview date: Week commencing the 20th May