- The Project Accountant will provide financial and operational support across the businesses.
- The role requires flexibility, as the work can vary significantly in its nature and scale, and provides a great opportunity to gain a wide knowledge of the business, involvement in the continued innovation of the business and to build relationships with senior management personnel.
An award winning market leading Financial Services FTSE 100 organisation in Cardiff City Centre
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a good understanding of the activities of the business and a strong working relationship with managers across the entire business, in order to be able to provide financial, numerical and procedural analysis for a variety of departments
- Significant involvement in cost control processes, including assisting IT and Business Change teams to develop business cases for IT / operational business change programmes
- Involvement in cost management processes and initiatives, and challenging cost variances across the organisation.
- Significant involvement in the budgeting/forecasting process for the motor business, including revenue and expense lines
- Development of complex spreadsheet models to aid with business decision-making and assessment of investment in systems, new products and testing campaigns
- Pro-active monitoring of performance vs. budget / re-forecasts and summarising variances for senior management through meetings with heads of departments across the business
- Providing general support and completing ad-hoc analysis as required by heads of departments across the business and Finance Managers
- Developing new MI for use with new business ventures and testing campaigns
- Providing general support and completing ad-hoc tasks as required by heads of departments across the business in addition to Finance managers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (1-2 PQE) with a strong academic background and strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience of preparing investment business cases and cost management processes would be beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with and influence all types of people and all levels of management
- Self-motivator, pro-active in all aspects of the role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential, and proficiency in using other MS Word and PowerPoint
The full time role offers a competitive salary, shares in the business and a number of benefits and rewards for employees of the company.