Upstream Finance Accountant
The Reporting & Analysis (R&A) Finance Accountant will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery. The role will have a mix of deliverables between complex accounting and reporting activities. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions.
- Management Information will be core portfolio and may need to understand interfaces from General Ledger, Group Reporting, Statutory.
- May require to provide/ leverage expertise to FO and non-FO stakeholders: Group Financial Reporting Manual (GFRM) / International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Participate in R&A process projects within the team /across various locations.
- Initiate and lead process improvements. Resolve and escalate issues timely and effectively.
- Comply with team, centre, process and global policies and procedures. Manage effectively interfaces with FO and non-FO stakeholders, build end to end perspective.
- Blackline accountabilities.
- Focus on month end Management Information (MI) related activities support for journals, recoveries; management of Business Performance Consolidation (BPC) MI actuals reporting files / analysis for month end reporting; MI reporting such as flash financial reporting, weekly MI reporting, BPC actuals, latest estimate and plan reporting for Asset Domain reporting
- Cover Central Management Information R&A activities for the Australia portfolio and may cover, but not exhaustive to: Support to Latest Estimate (LE) Quarterly reporting; MI Pack reporting; support for BPC controls; Corporate Asset Domain actual, Latest Estimate and Plan reporting; Cost Management Reporting; Continuous Improvement projects in context of MI activities within portfolio and other support to MI activities within the wider R&A Central Australia MI team.
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls within areas of responsibility.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.