Fund Accountant - Expenses
In Luxembourg we are a boutique business offering comprehensive asset servicing capabilities across both traditional and alternative funds. Through our unique positioning we have seen a significant business growth and a need to build upon our already high performing team.
Accounts Payable / Expenses administrator
Responsible for reviewing and accurately matching/processing invoices submitted to the Expenses team. Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients with effective and timely communication. Assisting in monitoring expense accruals and expense budgets for clients and funds under administration.
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information. Close attention to detail necessary.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered.
- Assist other colleagues. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge and offering assistance as appropriate.
- Additional tasks that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business requirements.
Skills / Experience
- Entry level experience: Degree in accounting, finance, economics or equivalent.
- Experience within the Investment Industry, fund accounting, accounts payable, financial and regulatory reporting background an advantage.
- Accruals and Fund Budgets review
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, fluent English necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard Invest One advantageous. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel essential.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.