Analyst, Project Manager – Transfer Agency
Analyst, Project Manager – Transfer Agency
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Our recent acquisition of UBS Asset Management’s fund administration servicing units in Luxembourg and Switzerland and the decision to base our European Bank in Luxembourg demonstrates our commitment to the region. It has positioned Northern Trust in Luxembourg as a top 10 asset servicing provider.*
There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Project Management Head of Transfer Agency based in our Luxembourg office, the role is to take up the management of TA projects.
The Project Management Team is responsible for the on-boarding of any new business and the change implementation within Transfer Agency Operations by ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Deliver the projects and programs to agreed budget, benefit, quality, timeline and scope parameters
- Collaborate with Product Development and other internal business to achieve application implementations throughout the whole company;
- Evaluate and implement changes in proposed new regulations
- Participate to the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements – eventually project budget
- Assemble and coordinate project staff /Plan and schedule project timelines
- Quality assurance
- Monitor and report on progresses to stakeholders (progresses, issues and solutions)
- Coordinate / Dispatch training to TA Partners related to new tools or processes implemented with the TA
- Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
- Participate in the Business Improvement Processes: ensure that processes and controls are reviewed and improved
- Propose change management processes to the management
- Improve the output where quality process needs to be addressed
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge
- Master degree in IT or Finance
- Experience in business transformation and change management preferably in Transfer Agency
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency Line of Business, products and processing systems (MFTA is an asset),
- Good knowledge of financial markets and Transfer Agency business and Products
- A good understanding of effective risk management
- Knowledge of existing Regulations and able to anticipate and/or adapt to any regulatory change
- Good Knowledge of KYC - AML applicable laws and regulations
- Role and inter-relationship between Administrator/Custodian//Investment Manager
- Strong understanding of the Outsourcing and the managing of outsource relationships
- Tax regulations (FATCA, CRS)
Personal and Management Skills
A strong / high level of the below:
- Proven People Manager - Provide guidance and support to reporting staff - define Team activity and objectives
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Focus on quality
- Dynamic and flexible
- Ability to work on own initiative and Autonomy
- Team leader and player
- Work under pressure and conflicting priorities
- Self-motivated / Own initiative
- Ability to take initiative and constantly propose improvements
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English with good command of French
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.