Technical Consultant – Fund Accounting
Job Title - Technical Consultant
Department - Fund Accounting
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
- Auditor & Client liaison.
- Owner of FA internal and external deliveries (NAV, tax, reporting, etc …)
- Active participation and ownership in project management leaded / sponsored by Section Manager
- Key point of contact with direct Section Manager and Client Service Manager (SME)
- Ensuring the NAVs are reviewed and validated before dissemination to clients, other parties and markets as per NT standards
- Ensuring that the reconciliation of cash and security transactions are done in an efficient and timely manner in order to maintain the team’s reconciliation items at a minimum level
- Ensuring that the pricing of portfolio's including Equities, Options, Futures, Fixed Income, OTC's and Forwards Are validated per pricing policy
- Responding to client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitoring recurrent reporting for onward transmission (Internal, to the Trustees, Clients, Third Parties) and resolve any queries posed within specific timeframes in a prompt and professional manner
- Carrying out duties in accordance with procedures
- Liaise with internal departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and key clients and attend meetings when required
- Communicate effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies and monitoring the same with all team members
- Working actively and closely with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to take the lead and/or assist to implement new processes
- Training of fund accountants and supervisors on all aspects of NAV process and any type of reporting
Skills / Experience
- Proven understanding of multi region fund’s structures in a financial services NAV environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Knowledge of the regulatory regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs)
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with the Fund Accounting team and other Internal Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which a service is provided
- Hold an accounting, business or mathematical qualification in university
- Have strong experience as a fund administrator
- Being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of one or more task
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
We seek qualified people for a wide range of challenging positions and who are interested in building a career with a global growth company, excel in a team oriented environment, yet respect others and have strong values and principles. Northern Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. We ensure our policies guide our behaviours to create and maintain a discrimination-free workplace. We support total diversity: gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, physical disabilities, and marital/family status, among others.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.