Our client have a wide range of responsibilities in relation to public transport in Ireland and some additional responsibilities specifically within the Greater Dublin Area. Please note that this role is based in client site, Dublin 2.
Brief Role Description
The individual will play a key role within the Rural Transport Finance team in supporting the monthly financial reporting process and complete other key tasks within the Rural Transport Finance function. They will proactively contribute to the maintenance of a positive and open working environment, ensuring that interactions with all stakeholders are carried out in a courteous, patient and professional manner. The individual shall complete their tasks, including some of those listed below, to the highest standards.
- Assist with the Grant Administration process and any miscellaneous income streams;
- Assist in reviewing month end reporting packs from local Transport Co-ordination Units (“TCU”), and with reconciliations required as part of this governance process eg fare revenue,;
- Ongoing liaison with TCU personnel in connection with day-to-day finance and related matters, compliance issues etc
- Liaison with relevant internal and external stakeholders in connection with expansion of rural transport services;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly Bank Reconciliations;
- Ensure robust internal controls are maintained within areas of responsibility; and
- Ensure status trackers are up-to-date
- Ensure high-quality and up-to-date procedure documents are maintained for areas of responsibility.
- Assist with any systems development or implementation within area of responsibility;
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements within area of responsibility;
- Assist with the various audits and reviews that take place throughout the year;
- Assist in the documentation and process mapping of procedures and manuals within area of responsibility;
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Role Requirements & Key Competencies
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience;
- Strong MS Office and MS Excel skills. Experience working with the financial modules of Agresso or similar;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team; and
- A ‘can-do’ approach with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.