Accountant– Front Office Purchase to Pay
City district: Shanghai
At Finance, you are part of a global team that drives business performance in order to realize the objectives set out in Volvo Car Group's Corporate Strategy. In cooperation with colleagues in other business units worldwide, you and your team provide financial expertise, business controlling and guidance. Here, you can push your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people. Right now, we are in an exciting transformation process into a new independent financial organization with several initiatives - come and create this new future together with us!
At the Global Finance Operations China team you will be a key contributor to the creation of the next generation Finance community - One Finance. You and your colleagues will develop and implement smart and nimble finance processes and tools to support the business in the best way. This will be done in close cooperation with Business Control and Financial Control within the organizational functions as well as the Group Finance functions. Through networking and benchmarking you will be part of taking the Finance organization into a modern organization, ready to meet the challenges ahead of us.
The team has the responsibility of setting and coordinating accounting process matters as well as issuing process guidelines and principles for the China finance organization to ensure efficient and high quality accounting and reporting. The team represents accounting in different projects or other situations where knowledge of central processes and Chinese accounting principles and recommendations are required. Further the team is responsible for ensuring the delivery of the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial book closing for a number of companies within Volvo Car China Operations.
As an Accountant– Front Office Purchase to Pay within Global Finance Operations China, you will be a member of Purchase to Pay Front Office team which is centralized in Shanghai office, and also work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders from different functions and departments at the local plants or Sales Company.
• Being the interface and point of contact between the Business Process Outsourcing delivery team(s) and the Volvo Car Group Finance organization
• Follow-up inquires and perform timely escalation to applicable parties for swift resolution
• Analysis of overdue invoices and performing dunning
• Responsible to generate and report the KPI's to the Management
• Review of the Account Payable Reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Register inquiries in ticketing system
• Participant in various Purchase to Pay projects (ie. Finance Service Now ticketing system, AP automation, SAP Vendor Master and Auto payment solution project, Self-billing Invoice onboarding )
• Take part in process development
• Deliver high quality service and advices within the area of responsibility
• Identify areas for improvement within area of responsibility
• University degree in Business Administration (major in finance) or equivalent
• 3-5 years relevant work experience within Finance, or related work
• Experience of Account Payable or equivalent
• Excellent knowledge of assigned finance processes and policies and full ability of applying these in the daily work
• Good system understanding and efficient data handling, preferably experience from SAP/ERP
• Good leadership experience required and ability to coach and supervise less experienced co-workers
• Fluent in English and Chinese, orally and written
• Ability to plan and prioritize with a flexible and positive mind set.
• Service minded and curious
• Actively take a part in projects
• Strong communication and cooperation skills
• High integrity
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to keep deadlines
• Ability to propose and implementing improvements
For more information, and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button below.