Finance Assurance Manager
Want to use your skills in finance to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Finance Assurance Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2018 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The UK Finance team supports WaterAid as it pursues its strategy to help deliver of safe water, sanitation and hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030. The strategy requires a strong financial control environment whilst enabling teams to work more flexibly to achieve their own objectives. The support that finance provides applies to all UK based operations.
The Finance Services team is key to delivering that support efficiently, ensuring on all income and expenditure that passes through the UK is recorded and reported accurately. The Finance Assurance manager role not only leads the Finance Services team but also deputises for the Head of UK Finance.
We are looking for a Finance Assurance Manager who can provide the following:
- High quality financial accounting and assurance for UK transactions and processes. This relates to assurance on the completeness and accuracy of UK transactions, overall compliance with accounting and tax regulations and preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Finance Services team responsible for processing all UK transactions. This role requires a mix of technical and interpersonal skills, ideally suited to someone with a strong financial control or audit background. We expect a level of professional experience that will enable the right candidate to act up as Head of UK Finance as and when required.
- Lead the monthly-end close process. Carry out sufficient reviews of income, expenditure and balance sheet accounts so as to provide the organisation with assurance on the quality of the financial reporting and highlight any risk areas.
- Act as financial regulation and technical advisor. Lead on legal and tax issues arising from legislation changes, and any complex topics such as accounting treatment of associated parties, VAT treatment, SORP updates. Liaise with HMRC and submit any required returns.
- Support review and develop the accounts payable function including the BACS payments, international payments, credit cards and payroll. Maximise payment system functionality to better support the UK teams.
- Supervise and develop the treasury function, ensuring we optimise the use of our cash whilst minimising exposure to risk of FX movement and liquidity
- Line management of currently 3 finance officers and 1 apprentice
WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Earn training scheme
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Please visit our website via the apply button below for more information and to apply.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on Monday 27th May. Availability for interview is required week commencing 3rd June.
Salary: £50,000 with excellent benefits
WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact in WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.