Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Salary range: GBP55,000– GBP60,000
Location: Russell Square
Length of assignment: Temporary to permanent
- To prepare annual statutory accounts, financial plans and cash flow forecasts in conjunction with the Heads of Service, and Chief Finance Officer.
- To regularly analyze and manage cash flows
- To prepare VAT returns in a timely manner
- To implement and regularly update the Charity's financial policies and to ensure that internal controls are effective.
- To provide guidance and training to staff in financial policies and procedures.
- To prepare audit schedules and ensure the successful completion of annual audit.
- To ensure that all financial returns and information are received from Services and departments on time as well as preparation of financial returns to funders as appropriate.
- Operating, maintaining and developing, and where appropriate, planning, budgets and forecasts.
- To be flexible in approach and undertake all duties that may fall within the range.
- Working with Operational Managers to develop and monitor financial and operational KPI's and report against them on a monthly basis.
- Qualified Accountant with experience in working in a busy finance office.
- Minimum of two years' experience of working in the Charity sector is preferable.
- Experience of working in a management role.
- Experience in financial modelling and reengineering of services.
- Advanced IT Skills particularly in Excel and in macros, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or equivalent presentational packages and Outlook.
*Candidates must be either immediately available or with a reduced notice period– either 1–2 weeks maximum
Interviews will be conducted next week, so do send your applications in ASAP.
If you are interested in this position, then please call or email Hannah Harward on |