Senior Lease Accountant
Job Title: Senior Lease Accountant - 12 month FTC x 2
Level: 9 - Specialist
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
The lease accounting centre of excellence ( Lease COE) was set up in 2016 with the objective of streamlining and centralising Real Estate Lease accounting under US GAAP ASC 840. The Lease COE team is currently based out of India however the centre is now expanding and looking to set up and additional hub to provide technical accounting guidance and support across diverse geographies. The expanded team will be responsible for the implementation of the new accounting standards under US GAAP and IFRS 16, the correct accounting for all transactions as well as all the new accounting disclosures.
- Project management of new lease standard Implementation under US GAAP ASC 842 and IFRS 16 for select geographies. Work closely with Global Technical Accounting, IT, global and local controllership Teams.
- Work on lease implementation project including implementation of accounting elections, transition and go live of new lease standard under US GAAP/IFRS 16.
- Responsible for ensuring that the contractual terms in Real estate lease contracts are reflected in the US GAAP/IFRS financial accounts
- Review US GAAP/IFRS compliance templates including dilapidations, impairments, tenant allowances etc.
- Review of all lease related disclosures in the financial statements.
- Supervise team members to ensure they carry out their duties effectively and in line with policy and GAAP.
- Proactively communicate with the Lease COE in India.
- Work with the Corporate Real Estate group/Global Controllership/Local Controllership and Global GAAP team on all aspects of Real estate accounting including ad hoc Real Estate projects.
- Input and GAAP review of significant business cases for leases providing commentary in a timely manner.
- Timely communication with all stakeholders
- Accounting background with strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standards
- Analytical and computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word)
- Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Prior experience of SAP an advantage
- Fluency in English is required
- Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA, AITI
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- 4-5 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in a practice environment
- Strong communication skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.